What is a PRP Facial?
A PRP facial is an advanced treatment method that harnesses your body’s own natural power to heal itself. Your blood is made up of four primary components: red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma and platelets. The plasma used in your treatment contains a much higher than normal number of platelets and is referred to as “platelet rich plasma.” You are effectively jump-starting your body’s own rejuvenation systems! PRP therapy (Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy) has been growing in popularity in recent years. This natural method for restoring damaged tissue and prompting new cell growth has been used in regenerative surgery for a number of years now.
When the platelets in the plasma are concentrated, magic happens. Platelets are the cells within the blood that help damaged tissue to heal and promote the growth of brand new cells. The activated platelets in PRP release growth factors. Stem cells, in the PRP help repair the tissues in the treatment area by stimulating the production of collagen, elastin, and reparative cells. Platelets also have hydrating properties!
At Glabella Aesthetics we decided to work with the Cellenis PRP System for superior results, safety and accuracy! Cellenis delivers a highly purified platelet concentrate that preserves platelets and removes almost all erythrocytes (red blood cell) and neutrophils (Granulocytes – white blood cell) that promote inflammation when compared to other PRP systems.
FACTS about PRP
(colorless blood cells that help blood clot) release growth factors.
(Peptides involved in cell signalling) can cause tissue damage.)
(Granulocytes that make up 40% to 70% of our white blood cells) inhibit our healing process.
(Monocytes are a type of leukocyte, or white blood cell) enhance our healing process.)
Benefits of a PRP Facial
In short, a PRP Treatment minimises fine lines, reduces premature wrinkles, heals skin damaged by sun exposure, improves acne scars, and evens out skin tone.
Increased Collagen Production
Around the age of 25, your body’s collagen production rate drops drastically and continues to decline. Stimulating stronger, healthier collagen production will slow the ageing process down. This higher quality collagen takes a couple weeks to grow. However, you will notice immediate skin tightening and continual improvement thereafter.
Reduced Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Lines and wrinkles are among the most common reasons people seek a PRP facial. These common signs of ageing are treated as cellular turnover is promoted. Old skin cells are recycled and new skin cells, collagen and elastin are formed. Fine lines and wrinkles are reduced further as your skin tightens in response to the micro-injuries produced by the micro-needling device.
Tighter, Firmer Skin
As stated previously, collagen is also essential for tight, firm skin. As you age, your skin starts to thin and sag, but wrinkles and lines don’t always form. Collagen produced from a PRP facial plumps up the skin creating a tighter and firmer feel and appearance.
Improved Moisture Retention
The stronger and thicker your skin is, the better protected the deeper layers of your skin are. A strong skin barrier also helps to retain moisture. A PRP facial also helps to build and restructure the skin with the new improved collagen stores, for a thicker healthier skin that retains more moisture.
Enhanced Skin Tone and Texture
If you have acne scars, surgical scars, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation and other forms of poor skin tone or texture, you can benefit from a micro-needling treatment with PRP. After your PRP facial, old skin cells give birth to new, healthy ones, you will be astounded by the improvement in the appearance of your skin just a few short days after one PRP facial.
Am I a Good Candidate for a PRP Facial?
One of the most underrated benefits of a PRP facial is that it is right for nearly everyone. Using blood from your own body means that there’s no chance of an allergic reaction. There’s no chance that your body will reject it as a foreign substance because it’s a native substance.
You may be a good candidate for a PRP facial if you suffer with:
– Acne scars
– Fine lines and wrinkles
– Loose, thinning skin
– Dry skin
– Premature ageing
– General maintenance of Healthy skin
Why Choose The Beauty Haven & Cellenis for your PRP Treatment?
High Concentration of platelets
No other PRP System has a platelet count anywhere near this magnitude!
• Small blood draw for high volume plasma.
• 80% (+/- 9%) Platelet Yield
• Vacuum sealed, internally coated glass tube designed to prevent platelets from “sticking” to tube walls.
• Precisely draws blood at a pressure that prevents lysing (breaking down of cell wall) of the cells.
Safe & Autologous
The Cellenis CE Class IIb is a Medical Device, and Regulatory Compliant. Non- Pyrogenic – Sterile – Closed System. It is an FDA Cleared 510(k) Class II Medical Device (BK110035).
The unique patented gel formulation (Anti-coagulant MNC7) within the Cellenis Blood tubes is modified to:
• Reduced acidity while preventing coagulation of platelets. Cellenis PRP anticoagulant has a pH of 7, unlike other anticoagulants with a pH of about 4.6 which causes stinging.
• 86.2% of white blood cells in Cellenis produces PRP preparations are monocytes for superior healing and the granulocytes are removed.
• Cellenis eliminates almost 100% of red blood cells and 92% of granulocytes for low inflammation. Removal of inflammatory neutrophils reduces inflammation, this noticeable when injecting the face.
- PRP FACIAL TREATMENT SUMMARY
- PRP FACIAL WITH MICRO-NEEDLING
- Gives you an all over treatment covering the entire face, neck and décolleté (if required) area all at once.
- PRP FACIAL INJECTIONS
- Can work on more delicate isolated areas. Working wonders on dark circles and thinner skin under the eyes.
Your blood is drawn and placed into a centrifuge. All four components of your blood are separated by density using the centrifuge to achieve a concentrated level of platelets in the plasma.
After around 15 minutes in the centrifuge, your blood will have separated into in three layers:
• platelet-poor plasma
• platelet-rich plasma
• red blood cells
The platelets are ready to be used within the platelet rich plasma, we now exclude the red and white blood cells and draw up the PRP.
The platelet-rich plasma is delivered back to the skin either during a micro-needling session, or injected into the affected areas, depending upon your treatment plan.
- PRP PLUS MICRONEEDLING £310
- PRP INJECTIONS £275
- PRP with micro needling | course of three treatments £850
- PRP injections | Course of three treatments £750
- For more information on PRP Facials, including pricing and treatment assessment, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com